8 Things meme
Since I’ve been tagged…
Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I stopped reading YA books in the middle of 9th grade. It wasn’t until library school that I started reading YA lit again (and wondered why I’d ever stopped). The first YA book I read the first time around was Witch by Christopher Pike. The first YA book I read upon “rediscovering” it was Witch Child by Celia Rees. Huh.
2. I hate flavored tea. I stick to green tea, white tea, oolong, and first flush Darjeelings. Discounting things like green tea ice cream, the only Japanese tea I like is genmaicha, which I figure means I have peasant taste.
3. I much prefer silver to gold.
4. I don’t drink soda, or anything carbonated. It’s the bubbles, weird as that sounds.
5. I know how to knit, but never got the hang of crochet.
6. And while I took (read: was forced to take) sewing in 8th grade, I never practiced or stuck with it. So, of course, I now want to (re)learn how to sew on a sewing machine.
7. I’m allergic to dogs. And lots of other stuff.
8. Back in college, I couldn’t stick to just blue or black ink when taking notes. I’d do one day in red, the next day in purple, the next in green, then blue, and so on until I ran out of colors and started the cycle again.
I’m not tagging eight people, just Gayle and Jolene.