Jolene’s July Roundup
*Due to Summer Reading madness my list is short, and the last book runs into August.
Cupid by Julius Lester-A light hearted rendition of the love story between Psyche and Cupid. Some might find Lester’s personal ramblings a little annoying, but I love rambling so I enjoyed it!
Harry Potter and the Dealthly Hollows-Will not spoil it for those who are still reading. Some predictibility, but I was still not able to put book down.
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer– I loved it! I’m still enthralled with this love story, which has now turned into a very complicated love triangle. I will say no more you should read the book to find out! Below is a suggested playlist by Meyer for the book. Meyer is an avid Muse fan, she even credits them at the end of the book. (I think AFI’s Decemberunderground goes nicely with this book, there’s a lot of vampiric references on the album.)
- Mexican Standoff – Elbow
- Hamburg Song – Keane
- Clocks – Coldplay
- The Small Print – Muse
- Stab My Back – The All-American Rejects
- Overweight [edited] – Blue October
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers
- Newborn – Muse
- Love Me Like You – The Magic Numbers
- Vindicated – Dashboard Confessional
- Hysteria – Muse
- Uninvited – Alanis Morissette
- Yes Please – Muse
- Infra-Read – Placebo
- The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot – Brand New
- Luv – Travis
- Blackout – Muse
- It’s A Disaster – Ok Go
- *Disappear – My Chemical Romance
- *Sleep – My Chemical Romance
- *Falling Away With You – Muse
- *Accident & Emergency – Patrick Wolf
- *The Well and the Lighthouse – Arcade Fire
*I couldn’t make up my mind about the last song on the playlist, so pick your favorite of these five!